Sunday, October 17, 2010

How Do You Feel Today?

Haven't blogged in a while, so I thought I'd share a little tidbit with you about what's been happening with me.  Lately I have been praying for something in particular: that my decisions would not be based on how my heart is feeling.  I know - odd but it is something that I need to work on.  Being so right brained (subjective, random, artistic, emotional) I often find myself basing things off of emotion - ranging from whether or not to buy something & how to act at work to what to color I should paint a wall or where the Lord is taking us next.  However, often times what I "feel" is not accurate and is even more often times misleading to what the truth actually is.  Recently, there have been situations where I have let the enemy gain ground where there was no evidence for it, other than my thoughts and "feelings." That is the last thing that I want to be "dooped" of. A lot of times the enemy likes to use our hearts to deceive us, and I am trying to learn to decipher between being judgmental and discerning, a fine line.  Ya following?  So what I have learned so far is to NOT act, NOT speak, and NOT respond.  The times that I just don't are often the times I feel I have made my Savior smile, made Him want to show my picture around and say "that's my kid."  The times I hold my tongue, just smile, and keep on keepin' on are the times I have no regret or conviction.  But the times that I revert back are when I remember the phrase grieving the spirit and I picture Him hanging his head, which only urge me to repent & revise.  Anyways, all this to say, boy am I glad there is grace.  Without grace I would be in a world of hurt, forgive the cliche - but it's true.  Thank the Lord that He loves me unconditionally and without circumstance.  Praising Jesus today for his unmerited favor in my life and for how he is pouring out His spirit in my life even when I am undeserving.  Just wanted to share a little but of what been going on in my heart.


Love,
Kendra

No comments: