Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Jesus, Jesus - Beautiful Savior, Faithful One.

Lately Pete and I have been praying a lot about the Lord's will for our life and what that may entail.  We both have a heart for sharing the word of God and taking it forth to wherever the Lord may call us.  I mention this because as my school career comes to a close this August, I am not quite sure where my life will be.  It will be the first time in a long time that I have not had concrete, absolute, root bearing plans for myself.  It's kind of liberating to think about.  So far in the past few years I have felt a peace about finishing school and I know that the Lord has this in His will.  But I can't help but ask, what's next Lord?  For my current career path, I don't have many options with just a bachelor's degree of science.  I can only practice for so long with that.  But to be honest, I don't even have a desire to practice with just a B.S. under my belt.  To compare what that would be like to something more understandable would be the Average Joe reading books about anatomy of humans, how to put on bandages, and learning to write up a prognosises for two years in a classroom with no other experiences, THEN being thrown in the E.R. with high expections to perform with experience and knowledge of any trained Docter.  Okay, maybe not that severe, but pretty close.  The other option is to attend Grad School, and pay lots of money to get that experience needed to provide ethical, experienced and educated theraphy.  My degree of Speech Pathology is a Humanistic Career, changing lives.  I don't feel quite apt for such a task, nor a desire at this moment in time.  Don't get me wrong, I have a desire to change lives, just in a different way - an eternal way.  I know for sure that I would regret not finishing my degree, but I also know in my heart I have no desire to continue on with my education at this point.  I want a break for goodness sake and from where I see it, it's been a long time coming.  So, all this word vomit to say, just pray.  Pray for direction in our life.  Pray that either the Lord will instill me with a desire to continue my education if that is His will, or that He will guide us to whatever else it is we are to do for Him.  I am willing to go wherever the Lord leads, be that easy to say, I know that Lord's will  is the will we want for our marriage and life.  Thank you to all of you who continually support us through prayer, Godly counsel, and friendship.  Love you all. 
                                        Looking to the future,
                                                Kendra

No comments: