Wednesday, June 9, 2010

five years and still head over heels.

Today marks a very special day and turning point for Pete & I.  Five years ago today my love & I said "I love you" for the very first time to one another, and the first time in each of our lives.  We are each other's first and last love.  Upon my 'bartering' with the Lord before I met my husband, I had one and only one requirement of my future bride-groom: that he be pure of heart and flesh.  Quite a tall order in this day and age, but boy was my God faithful.   He knew the desires of my heart and the needs of my spirit.


Fast forward to our two month anniversary - June 9 2005.  We had been dating for a mere amount of time in the grand scheme of relationships and were on a date celebrating our two months together down at St. John Pass in St. Petersburg.  I was seventeen, he was nineteen.  I was so nervous the whole evening, knowing what explosion would soon exit my mouth like a fourth of july fireworks display.  Although I knew it to be so true, all I could think was, "What happens if nothing comes of this?  What if my greatest confession is not returned??"  I had wanted to tell my prince earlier that week of how much I adored him and how strongly I had grown, so close and so in love, but choked at the chance.  Little did I know that he also wanted to tell me the same earlier that week.  It isn't often that I reminisce on these past emotions, but today seems quite appropriate.


Since that dusky evening by the sun-drenched sky, boardwalk and water much has ensued to our present life together.  After that wonderful evening when we declared our love for one another we dated for two and half more years and then my knight proposed on a chilly evening in December, a week before Christmas.  We were wed in the following year in the month of October on a crisp afternoon in 2007.  We have been growing deeper in love with one another since that day.  


So, my love.  You are my all, my everything on this earth.  The past five years have been the best of my life and I am so proud to call you my best friend and husband.  I can't wait to see where the Lord leads our lives as one.  He has already begun a work in us that is not yet complete.  I can't wait to rejoice in heaven with our souls side by side - I can't wait to have your children, raise your children and grow old and gray with you.  You are my all, my heart, and my love.


All of me,
Your Wife.


a picture taken while we were dating...

No comments: