Friday, June 4, 2010

Waiting On The Lord

So far this year has been quite the whirlwind.  My last semester in college was definitely my most difficult as far as content and to boot, I found out I wouldn't be finished in time unless I took 6 classes all at once.  Needless to say, I took the more sane route and am finishing my degree this summer.  

All that to say, so far my life hasn't slowed down much.  Now, please don't think that I am complaining.  I am more than thankful that I can be married, finish my degree, have no debt and be fully supported by husband through all of this, but it is a VERY busy lifestyle.  So where is the light at the end of the tunnel?  Many people have been asking me what my plans are for a job.  Truthfully, I have no aspirations except for a piece of paper to frame and hang in my office.  To find a job would be such a blessing, but I am so burnt out and am just happy to serve the Lord wherever He puts me whether that be applicable to my degree or otherwise.  For my particular major, Communication Sciences & Disorders, you have to continue onto your Masters.  Right now, in my mind, that is not an option - financially or mentally, and really - I just don't have any desire whatsoever to do that right now.  

So what are my plans you ask?  Or rather, the Lords?  Many of you know that last year I began teaching American Sign Language for home-schoolers in the area.  Well last year, this idea or rather vision came to me a little late - mid August which was a bit too late as far as gaining "clientele" for the following school year.  Although it was discouraging at the time, it was perfect because that little extra really helped us out financially and a smaller class size gave me a good feel for how to better things, change things up, etc...  However this year, the Lord has blessed us out of the park, currently I have 16 students enrolled and I have only been "advertising" for two weeks!  All this to say, the Lord is so good to us.  He know what we can handle and when we can handle it - and let me just say I am SO excited for the next school year and can't wait to fine tune my curriculum, add more activities, etc etc.... 

Just wanted to give you all a little update in case you were wondering.  If not, disregard this long schpeel.  Either way, how good is our Savior?  He cares so infinitely for each one of us, knows our passions, our hearts, our desires.  If I could teach ASL for the rest of my life I would be more than thrilled.  Sign language is a passion of mine, and I feel the Lord has gifted me with it for a purpose.  I am so glad that my life has a purpose and that it is divinely inspired.  God is so good!

No comments: